Published on March 22, 2019
UN-Water organized World Water Day on Friday, March 22 th
UN- Water, coordinating the Union Nations’ work on water and sanitation, launched this day campaign every year since 2015. You can know everything here.
“Leaving no one behind”
Water is human right for everyone. But right now, too many people do not have access of safe water. This day is about tackling the water crisis and take the time to follow UN-water’s steps : learn, share and act.
Get familiar with the issues – why are people being left behind without safe water and what can be done to reach them?
Engage your friends and contacts with information and stories about the reality of the water crisis and how it affects every aspect of society.
Gather people together to share ideas and make them grow. Hold or attend an event to make personal connections that could help people living without safe water.
Key Figures given by UN-Water
– “2.1 billion people live without safe water at home.”
– ” One in four primary schools have no drinking water service, with pupils using unprotected sources or going thirsty.”
– ” More than 700children under five years of age die every day from diarrhoea linked to unsafe water and poor sanitation.”
– “Globally, 80% of the people who have to use unsafe and unprotected water sources live in rural areas.”
– “Women and girls are responsible for water collection in eight out of ten households with water off-premises.”
If you are sensitive to the issue, do not hesitate to go on UN-Water website.
Source : World Water Day website
IN NEED FOR SOME TIPS?
Leave us your coordinates and we’ll call you back as soon as possible!